Are you looking for ways to bring your dining room back to life? Do you want to give it a comfortable vibe that will have everyone looking forward to dinner time? If so, then you need to learn all that you can about dining room flooring.
Doing so can help you create something new. Whether you're customizing your new home or revitalizing a dining room that's lost some of its lusters, new flooring is the perfect solution.
See below for an in-depth guide with several tips on choosing dining room flooring. Use these tips as inspiration for your dining room project overhaul.
1. Consider Hardwood FlooringFull disclosure, we recommend that you deck out your entire house in hardwood flooring. However, if you're only looking to get upgraded flooring for one room, let it be the dining room, and let it be hardwood flooring.
Hardwood flooring offers such incredible benefits as:
- Improving the air quality in your home
- Providing a comfortable and timeless aesthetic
- Reduces fading and discoloration
- Can be easily refinished several times over its life
- Matches virtually any decor you could choose
Better yet, hardwood flooring offers you an incredible amount of customization. You can have it installed in different patterns that will make your updated flooring pop to everyone that sees it.
We have many different selections for your hardwood flooring, such as Miromar, Long Beach, Sumpter, Gatesville, Irvine, Fallbrook, Fontana, and more.
Hardwood flooring comes in a variety of different shades and colors. you can choose an option that best fits the personality of your family. Everyone who steps into your dining room will know that a magnificent meal is on the way.
It can take your dining room from a place to eat to a place of gathering. You and your loved ones will find every excuse to get out there and enjoy your gorgeous dining room.
2. Find a Trusted Flooring ExpertYou wouldn't hire a contractor that you didn't trust, why do any differently with the flooring service that you purchase your brand-new flooring from?
It's important to find a trusted service. Someone that's helped others in your community to find their ideal flooring for their dining room. You'd be amazed at the difference that an expert's touch can make on the end result.
Start by reading up on customer reviews on the service you're considering. You can typically find these on their website. Ask some of these questions as you read through the reviews:
- Was the customer satisfied with the service that they received?
- What was the overall quality of the flooring material that they received?
- Will the service come in and finish the project for you?
- How many flooring options do they have? Do they live up to the quality?
- What was the quote they received from the flooring service? Was it reasonable?
- How was the communication between service and client?
Reading through these before you reach out will give you more confidence in your decision. You'll know that the service you're teaming up with has the best end results in mind.
3. Think About the MaintenanceFar too many people get caught up in the immediate beauty of their flooring. They focus too much on what it looks like now rather than thinking about the long term.
One of the biggest oversights of most new flooring projects is the maintenance that the new floors will require. Some materials are a bit more high-maintenance; if you invest in them, you're signing yourself up for years of tending to their every need.
When speaking with a flooring pro, be sure to ask them about the maintenance level that it will require.
Remember, you have a full life outside this new flooring. You have enough chores as is; don't commit to years of tending to a lesser-quality material.
We typically recommend sticking with one of the "Big Five": carpet, hardwood, luxury vinyl, tile, or laminate. Choose one that works best with your desired aesthetic.
4. Look for Healthy FloorsYes, you read that correctly. Some flooring products out there in the marketplace can actually sabotage the air quality inside your home. That's the last thing you want on a floor that will occupy your dining room.
Here at National Floors Direct, we have higher standards. All of our products follow a strict set of health and sustainability certifications with the:
- North American Laminate Flooring Association
- Appalachian Hardwood Manufacturers, Inc.
- California Air Resources Board
- Environmental Product Declaration
You can purchase any of our hardwood, luxury vinyl, or laminate flooring options with full peace of mind.
5. Accurate and Detailed EstimatesGone are the days of dealing with hidden fees from lesser services. You deserve to find a company that will give you the all-in price for your dining room flooring project.
Here at National Floors Direct, we offer a free in-home estimate to all our clients. We'll assess your dining room ourselves and show you all of our top-of-the-line products.
This can help you make an accurate and knowledge-based decision. If you'd like, we can also make a few recommendations. More importantly, you'll have an accurate quote by the end of the appointment.
Invest in Dining Room Flooring for Your HomeNow that you have seen an in-depth guide with several tips for choosing dining room flooring, be sure to use this information to our advantage.
Take the time to read this article for more information on the most beautiful hardwood stain colors you should consider for your dining room. To get started, give us a call at 1-888-400-FLOOR and we will be happy to assist you further.