Have you noticed that your floors are looking a little worse for the wear? Do you wonder if it's time to replace them and help your home look younger again? If so, then you need to learn all that you can about installing new floors.
Doing so can help you know when it's time to replace your current floor. Waiting too long to replace your floors doesn't just put a damper on your aesthetic; it can be a detriment to your family's health as well.
See below for an in-depth guide listing the several signs that you need new flooring installed in your home today.
1. There are Noticeable Signs of DeteriorationIf you're lucky, you can go a few years without having any significant damage show up on your floors. But as everyone knows, it's virtually impossible for the flooring to not experience some wear and tear as the years pass by; there's simply too much foot traffic each day.
It's easy to overlook the deterioration of your current floors since you see them every day. Over time, your mind tunes out the scratches and tears.
If you notice cracks in your hard floors, then you need to get them replaced right away. The crack will only continue to spread with time, which can lead to an injury for your family, water damage underneath your flooring, and more.
Tears are just as dangerous. You'll be amazed at how often someone will snag their foot on it. If you have pets in the house, it's a guarantee that the tear will spread with time.
Depending on the floor material, you might also notice some peeling or bubbling (this is common with carpet). This becomes a safety hazard, as someone might trip and fall if they make one wrong step.
Be sure to invest in a trusted professional flooring installation service. We will bring the store to your door and install your desired flooring the next day if it's already in stock!
2. Discolored FloorsHomeowners are quick to kick themselves when they notice their floors are becoming discolored. But we're here to tell you that it's not your fault! Faded color on flooring is perfectly natural; it's just a part of the lifecycle.
For example, hard flooring can become discolored from the natural lighting in your house. The constant exposure to the ultraviolet rays in the sun eats away at the color. This can also cause color fading in your furniture, walls, and electronics.
Carpets start to lose their color over time as well. Even with a thorough and professional carpet cleaning, it will never return to its former glory. Once the faded color becomes alarming to you, it's time to install new flooring.
Like it or not, the discoloration casts a negative aspersion on your home's interior. It can make your house look years older than it is. People will have the impression that you don't clean it enough, even though that isn't the truth.
New floors can help you revitalize the aesthetic of your house's interior. Your guests' jaws will drop when they see it for the first time.
3. Your Current Flooring Is Too NeedyWe've all had a girlfriend or boyfriend that was too needy. What did your family and friends always use to tell you about them? Get rid of them. Kick them to the curb. It's time to find a new one.
It's the same philosophy with your current flooring. As it ages, floors become more work than they're worth.
The flooring materials of today have practicality and functionality at the top of their mind. It's time to unlock the newest technology in your home.
For example, our luxury vinyl tile requires very little maintenance on your end. It's cost-effective and requires no special care to keep its high-end look. Your guests will be floored (pun intended) when they see the results.
Educate yourself on the benefits of all our types of flooring and invest in the one you feel best fits your needs.
4. You're Making Other RenovationsSpoiler alert: that kitchen remodels that you're working on won't look as impressive if you keep the same 15-year-old flooring underneath it. The result will be a kitchen that looks confused about what era it's in.
Maximize this opportunity to switch out the old materials with new floors. When paired with your other renovations, the area will look entirely different. People won't be able to recognize it.
Our installation services are happy to accommodate the schedule of other services you've hired to make sure the floors are finished by the time everything else is.
5. You Have Noisy FloorsAh yes, the noisy floors. It can feel like you're walking on eggshells when trying to sneak around your house without waking anyone up in the mornings.
The squeaks and groans are your old floor's way of crying for help. These sounds are generally caused by an uneven surface. They can even indicate that there's a larger issue—such as a water leak.
You can schedule an in-home appointment with us to come to take a look. We're happy to give our honest feedback, as well as a FREE in-home estimate for your new floors.
Invest in New Floors for Your Home TodayNow that you have seen an in-depth guide on the several signs that you should invest in new floors for your home, it's time to shop our inventory!
Take the time to read this article for more information on the most beautiful hardwood floor stain colors you should consider for your house. For more inquiries, please reach out to us directly by phone at 1-888-400-FLOOR (3566).