Just over half of Americans have carpets in their home. Carpet is so popular because it offers a great balance of style, functionality, and cost. So what exactly is it about carpet that makes it so popular with homeowners, and why should you choose carpet as the flooring material in your home?
This article lists seven reasons why you should choose carpet.
1. Carpets Are SaferOne of the most significant advantages of having carpets in your home is that they're much safer than hardwood flooring. For example, you won't have to worry about slipping and falling on carpet. Carpets are also relatively cushioned, so if someone does fall, they're less likely to be hurt.
An incident that would be a minor fall on a carpet could easily turn into something serious on hardwood. Another bonus is that things don't break as easily when you drop them on carpet. For instance, if you drop your phone on hardwood, it's likely to shatter. On the other hand, if you drop a phone on carpet, there probably won't be any damage to it at all.
This is great if you live in a house with kids of elderly residents.
2. Sound ReductionAnother one of the significant benefits of having carpet is how carpet absorbs sound waves. When someone or something makes a sound inside a house, the waves reflect from the walls and flooring.
This amplifies the sound, and in some cases, the sound might pass through the walls and floors, causing a nuisance to people on the other side.
If you have carpet fitted, some of the sound waves will be absorbed. This makes carpet a great choice if you have noisy kids. If you have downstairs neighbors, they'll also greatly appreciate you installing carpets on your floors.
Another good reason to have carpets is that they actually improve the quality of sound as well. Generally, rooms with fewer reflection points result in music and movies sounding much better. That's why you see foam on the walls in professional recording studios.
If your speakers sound shrill or boomy, installing a carpet could make a significant improvement to the sound.
3. More InsulationIf you're someone who's always trying to keep your house warm, carpet installation could benefit you. The great thing about carpet flooring installation is that it acts as a kind of insulation for your home.
This means that when you run your heating system, your home will retain the heat for much longer. Not only can this make your house stay warm for longer, but it could also help you with keeping your heating bills down.
If you install carpet in multiple rooms in your house after having hard flooring, you'll probably notice a massive difference in terms of insulation. Check your energy bills after installing carpet, and you'll surely see the difference.
4. Limitless Style OptionsIf you're looking for new flooring, you probably want something that looks great and fits with the aesthetic of your home. The great thing about carpets is that there are almost limitless style options available.
Whether you want something toned down and conservative or colorful and outrageous, you're sure to find carpeting to suit your needs. If you're unsure about the design you want, you could always ask the carpet company for recommendations.
You can also check out examples online for how people effectively use carpets as part of their interior design.
Not only does carpet have a lot of different looks, carpet also varies in feel. Different kinds of carpets can feel quite different under your feet. The feeling of carpet is a huge part of it, so it makes a lot of sense to visit a showroom.
It's difficult to appreciate the feel of a carpet just by looking at pictures on a website.
5. It's Available at Low CostReplacing your flooring can be an expensive affair, especially if you use materials such as tiles or hardwood. Thankfully, the good news about carpet is that it's available relatively low cost.
If you want to replace your floors with high-quality material, it makes a lot of sense to go with something like carpet. Flooring made out of tile or hardwood could easily cost double what carpet flooring would cost.
6. Environmentally FriendlyA further selling point for carpet is that it's an environmentally friendly product. For example, adequately installed carpets can make your home much more energy-efficient. When you have carpeted rooms, they will retain heat much more than rooms with hardwood or tile.
This means you'll spend significantly less money on heating your home in the long run. This means you'll use less energy, and your household carbon footprint will be significantly reduced.
7. Makes the Home Feel CozyFinally, carpets are great because they create a more cozy home atmosphere. Houses with tiles or hardwood can often feel cold and uninviting, but the right kind of carpet can feel incredibly comfortable.
If you feel like your home is missing something to give it that homely feel, you might consider installing a carpet. If you're going for a cozy feel, it makes sense to focus on warm colors such as red or brown.
Carpet is a Great Flooring MaterialAs you can see, you can't go wrong installing high-quality carpet in your home. Since carpet is soft is a much safer flooring material than hard alternatives. The carpet not only provides protection but it also gives sound and heat insulation.
If you're ready to get some top-tier carpets installed in your home, take a look at our fantastic selection and give us a call today.